Canon EF 200-400mm f/4L IS USM Lens with Internal 1.4x Extender
In The Box
- Canon EF 200-400mm f/4L IS USM Extender 1.4x Lens
- Lens Cap
- Lens Dust Cap E
- Lens Wide Strap B
- Lens Hood
- Lens Case 200-400
- 52mm Drop-in Gelatin Filter Holder
- Tripod Mount
- Strap for Hard Case
- Super telephoto zoom is designed for full-frame Canon EF-mount DSLRs, however can also be used with APS-C models where it provides a 320-640mm equivalent focal length.
- Built-in 1.4x extender allows you to instantly extend your reach to 280-560mm (or 448-896mm equivalent with APS-C cameras) simply by flipping the left-hand switch. Since the extender is integrated within the lens housing, it is optically matched to the lens for improved imaging performance and also fully maintains the lens’s weather sealing.
- Constant f/4 maximum aperture, without the teleconverter in position, offers consistent illumination throughout the zoom range. When the 1.4x teleconverter is engaged, the maximum aperture is effectively f/5.6.
- One fluorite element and four ultra-low dispersion elements are used to greatly reduce color fringing and chromatic aberrations in order to achieve greater clarity and color accuracy.
- Super Spectra coating has been applied to individual elements to minimize ghosting and flare for greater contrast and color neutrality when working in strong lighting conditions.
- An Optical Image Stabilizer helps to minimize the appearance of camera shake by up to four shutter speed stops to better enable working in low-light conditions and with slower shutter speeds. Three distinct IS modes are available: standard single-shot mode, a panning-optimized mode, and a mode that only activates the Image Stabilizer during the exposure.
- A ring-type Ultrasonic Motor (USM), along with optimized focusing algorithms and a high-speed CPU, is employed to deliver fast, precise, and quiet autofocus performance as well as full-time manual focus override.
- Focus Preset function is available to quickly recall a programmed focusing position.
- Focus Limiter switch lets you constrain the focusing to different ranges for faster performance to suit different applications.
- A Power Focus setting is available, and allows you to electronically and smoothly adjust your focus position to suit video recording. This setting utilizes a dedicated ring in front of the main focusing ring and allows you to use one of two different focusing speeds.
- Rounded nine-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing out of focus quality that benefits the use of shallow depth of field and selective focus techniques.
- As a member of the esteemed L-series, this lens is sealed against dust and moisture for working in inclement environmental conditions.
- Fluorine-coating on exposed elements affords protection to the optical system, resists smudging and fingerprints, and is easier to clean.
- Removable rotating tripod collar is included and benefits working with the lens atop a tripod or monopod.
- Compatible with optional EF 1.4X and EF 2X teleconverters.