Canon EF 800mm f/5.6L IS USM Lens
In The Box
- Canon EF 800mm f/5.6L IS USM Lens
- Lens Cap
- Lens Dust Cap E
- Lens Hood
- Lens Case 800
- Drop-in Filter Holder
- Super telephoto prime is designed for full-frame Canon EF-mount DSLRs, however can also be used with APS-C models where it provides a 1280mm equivalent focal length.
- Relatively bright f/5.6 maximum aperture affords control over depth of field for isolating subjects and producing selective focus imagery.
- Two fluorite elements, along with one Super Ultra-Low Dispersion element and one ultra-low dispersion element, are used to greatly reduce color fringing and chromatic aberrations in order to achieve greater clarity and color accuracy.
- Super Spectra coating has been applied to individual elements to minimize ghosting and flare for greater contrast and color neutrality when working in strong lighting conditions.
- An Optical Image Stabilizer helps to minimize the appearance of camera shake by up to four shutter speed stops to better enable working in low-light conditions and with slower shutter speeds. In addition to the single-shot standard IS mode, a second mode is also available that it optimized for panning.
- A ring-type Ultrasonic Motor (USM), along with an internal focusing system, is employed to deliver fast, precise, and quiet autofocus performance as well as full-time manual focus override.
- A Focus Preset function is available to quickly recall a programmed focusing position.
- Focus Limiter switch lets you constrain the focusing to three different ranges to suit different applications: 19.7-65.6′, 19.7′-infinity, or 65.6′-infinity.
- Rounded eight-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing out of focus quality that benefits the use of shallow depth of field and selective focus techniques.
- As a member of the esteemed L-series, this lens is sealed against dust and moisture for working in inclement environmental conditions.
- Fixed rotating tripod collar benefits working with the lens atop a tripod or monopod.
- Compatible with optional EF 1.4X and EF 2X teleconverters.