Deity S-Mic 2 Shotgun Microphone
In The Box
- S-Mic 2 Shotgun Microphone
- Mic Clip with Threaded 3/8″ Female Mount
- Foam Windscreen
- Waterproof Hardshell Case
Ideal for Outdoor Use
- The construction of the mic body is computer machined from solid brass inside and out, and no plastic is used anywhere in the construction to hold it together or mount the PCB. The S-Mic 2 uses a high-end capsule, computer-designed circuitry, and a gold-coated PCB (printed circuit board).
- The PCB is also sprayed and coated with a clear epoxy, which allows the microphone to perform without issues even in the most humid environments. This coating also gives the microphone a water-resistance level that allows it to work in the rain without being damaged. The body of the microphone has been sprayed with a black speckle paint to give it an ultra-durable finish, so it looks professional in front of clients for years of ownership while being less reflective on set.
- The S-Mic 2 was engineered to give you broadcast-quality sound on a reasonable budget. Its 9.8″ long body and supercardioid polar pattern yield focused directivity in front of the mic and 18 dB of off-axis rejection. It has a low noise floor of 12 dBA and an anti-RF interference build, allowing it to maintain less background noise even with significant gain boosts.
- Featuring a balanced 3-pin XLR output and support for 24V or 48V phantom powering, the S-Mic 2 is ready for use with a variety of devices such as multitrack field recorders, handheld audio recorders, camera-mount mixer adapters, and XLR-equipped cinema cameras.
Ideal for Boompole Mounting
- The S-Mic 2 includes a mic clip with a 3/8″ thread for easy placement on a boompole and a foam windscreen to reduce unwanted wind noise from breezes, fans, heaters, and air conditioners.
- For maximum reduction of noise from wind, vibration, and mic handling, the S-Mic 2 is available with a location kit, which includes a Rycote Lyre pistol grip shockmount and a faux fur windjammer.
Waterproof Hardshell Case
- To better protect your microphone, the S-Mic 2 comes with a waterproof hardshell case. The case features a rubber O-ring in the lid that seals the case tight and an auto air-pressure balanced feature, ensuring your microphone is safe and ready to go.