Deity S-Mic 2S Shotgun Microphone
In The Box
- S-Mic 2S Shotgun Microphone
- Mic Clip with Threaded 3/8″ Female Mount
- Foam Windscreen
- Waterproof Hardshell Case
Ideal for Indoor/Outdoor Use
- The construction of the mic body is computer machined from solid brass inside and out, and no plastic is used anywhere in the construction to hold it together or mount the PCB. The S-Mic 2S uses a high-end capsule, computer-designed circuitry, and a gold-coated PCB (printed circuit board).
- The PCB is also sprayed and coated with a clear epoxy, which allows the microphone to perform without issues even in the most humid environments. This coating also gives the microphone a water-resistance level that allows it to work in the rain without being damaged. The body of the microphone has been sprayed with a black speckle paint to give it an ultra-durable finish, so it looks professional in front of clients for years of ownership while being less reflective on set.
Broadcast-Quality Sound for Multi-Subject Shoots
- The S-Mic 2S was engineered to give you broadcast-quality sound on a reasonable budget. Compared to the 9.8″ long S-Mic 2, the S-Mic 2S’s 5.8″ long body and slightly wider pickup pattern yield directivity that’s well suited for productions with multiple subjects in the same scene. It has a low noise floor of 15 dBA and an anti-RF interference build, allowing it to maintain less background noise even with significant gain boosts.
Friendly for Long Days
- Weighing just 3 ounces, the ultralightweight S-Mic 2S won’t burden your boompole. Whether you use it for quick shoots or long days, the S-Mic 2S won’t slow you down.
- Featuring a balanced 3-pin XLR output and support for 24V or 48V phantom powering, the S-Mic 2S is ready for use with a variety of devices such as multitrack field recorders, handheld audio recorders, camera-mount mixer adapters, and XLR-equipped cinema cameras.
Ideal for Boompole Mounting
- The S-Mic 2S includes a mic clip with a 3/8″ thread for easy placement on a boompole and a foam windscreen to reduce unwanted wind noise from breezes, fans, heaters, and air conditioners.
Waterproof Hardshell Case
- To better protect your microphone, the S-Mic 2S comes with a waterproof hardshell case. The case features a rubber O-ring in the lid that seals the case tight and an auto air-pressure balanced feature, ensuring your microphone is safe and ready to go.