Laowa 24mm f/14 Probe Lens (Cine) Lens
In The Box
- Laowa 24mm f/14 Probe Lens
- USB Cable Dimmer with Power Adjustment
- USB Cable
- Lens Bag
- Metal Lens Case
- Unique macro lens design offers a greater-than-life-sized 2:1 maximum magnification along with a minimum focusing distance of 1.5′ and a working distance of just 0.8″.
- The long tubular lens barrel contributes to producing a distinct bug-eye perspective and, despite the short working distance, the length of the lens barrel places the camera at a comfortable shooting distance.
- Wide-angle 24mm focal length affords greater depth of field and more surrounding detail than traditional telephoto macro designs, which tend to isolate subject matter with shallow depth of field.
- Optical design includes two extra-low dispersion elements that control color fringing and chromatic aberrations to produce greater clarity and color accuracy. One extra refractive index element is also featured, which reduces spherical aberrations and distortion for improved sharpness and accurate rendering.
- Slim 0.8″ front diameter allows performing unique “slide-in” shots as well as affords a greater range of close-up, inconspicuous shooting opportunities. The smaller front diameter also makes it easier to illuminate close-up subjects from the front.
- The front of the lens is waterproof, allowing you to comfortably work just under the water surface or in dusty environments.
- The front of the lens has a built-in LED ring light which is powered via a micro-USB port on the barrel, providing some illumination on close-up subjects for easier focusing.
- Designed for use as a close-up macro lens, the manual focus operation also lets you focus at infinity.
- This “cine-mod” version of the lens has built-in focus and aperture gears to aid in doing focus and iris pulls.
- Seven-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality.