Nikon AF-S 180-400mm f/4E TC1.4 FL ED VR Lens
In The Box
- Nikon AF-S 180-400mm f/4E TC1.4 FL ED VR Lens
- Front Lens Cap
- Rear Lens Cap
- Lens Hood
- Filter Holder
- Neutral Clear Filter
- Lens Strap
- Soft Case
- Tripod Collar
- Designed for use with FX image sensors, this 180-400mm lens is also compatible with DX sensors where it will provide a 270-600mm equivalent focal length range.
- Built-in 1.4x teleconverter allows you to instantly extend your reach to 252-560mm (or 378-840mm equivalent with DX cameras) simply by flipping the right-hand switch. Since the teleconverter is integrated within the lens housing, it is optically matched to the lens for improved imaging performance and also fully maintains the lens’s weather sealing.
- Constant f/4 maximum aperture, without the teleconverter in position, offers consistent illumination throughout the zoom range. When the 1.4x teleconverter is engaged, the maximum aperture is effectively f/5.6.
- One fluorite element and eight extra-low dispersion glass elements are incorporated into the optical design to greatly reduce color fringing and chromatic aberrations in order to achieve notable clarity and color accuracy.
- A Nano Crystal Coat, along with a Super Integrated Coating, has been applied to lens elements to minimize surface and internal reflections for a marked reduction in lens flare and ghosting.
- Vibration Reduction image stabilization helps to reduce the appearance of camera shake for up to four shutter speed stops, benefiting this lens’ use in low-light conditions. Additionally, a designated Sport Mode is well-suited to working in fast-paced conditions and a Tripod Mode helps to suppress subtle ground vibrations when working atop a support system.
- Silent Wave Motor affords quick, quiet, and precise autofocus performance along with full-time manual focus override. An internal focusing design is also used, where only the internal lens groups are moved during focusing, to maintain the overall length of the lens during use and to promote faster focusing speeds.
- Focus range limiter allows you to constrict the focus system to a 19.7′ to infinity range for faster focusing performance.
- Assignable Function buttons can be used for lens-based activation of AF/AE Lock modes or for switching between different AF Area Modes.
- Dust- and moisture-resistant magnesium alloy lens barrel benefits the lens’ use in inclement conditions.
- Fluorine-coated front element affords protection to the optical system, resists smudging and fingerprints, and is easier to clean.
- A removable tripod collar is included with the lens for well-balanced support when working from a monopod or tripod. The collar ring also incorporates ball bearings for smooth transitions between horizontal and vertical shooting orientations.
- Specialized electromagnetic aperture mechanism provides greater exposure control stability that is especially beneficial when working with fast continuous shooting rates.