Nikon AF-S 400mm f/2.8E FL ED VR Lens
In The Box
- Nikon AF-S 400mm f/2.8E FL ED VR Lens
- Front Lens Cover
- Rear Lens Cap
- Lens Hood
- Neutral Clear Filter (40.5mm)
- Filter Holder
- Lens Strap
- Trunk Case
- Monopod Collar
- Super telephoto prime is designed for FX-format Nikon F-mount cameras, however can also be used with DX models where it will provide a 600mm equivalent focal length.
- Impressively bright f/2.8 maximum aperture excels in difficult lighting conditions and also enables extensive control over depth of field for isolating subjects using selective focus techniques.
- Two fluorite and two extra-low dispersion lens elements work to reduce chromatic aberrations; improve overall image sharpness, clarity, and color fidelity; and help to minimize the overall weight of the lens.
- A Nano Crystal Coat, along with a Super Integrated Coating, has been applied to lens elements to minimize surface and internal reflections for a marked reduction in lens flare and ghosting.
- Vibration Reduction image stabilization helps to reduce the appearance of camera shake by up to four shutter speed stops, benefiting this lens’s use in low-light conditions. Additionally, a designated Sport Mode is well-suited to working in fast-paced conditions and a Tripod Mode helps to suppress subtle ground vibrations when working atop a support system.
- Silent Wave Motor affords quick, quiet, and precise autofocus performance along with full-time manual focus override. An internal focusing design is also used, where only the internal lens groups are moved during focusing, to maintain the overall length of the lens during use and to promote faster focusing speeds.
- Fluorine-coated front meniscus glass element affords protection to the optical system.
- Dust- and moisture-resistant magnesium-alloy lens barrel benefits the lens’ use in inclement conditions.
- A removable tripod collar is included with the lens for well-balanced support when working from a monopod or tripod. The collar ring also incorporates ball bearings for smooth transitions between horizontal and vertical shooting orientations.
- Specialized electromagnetic aperture mechanism provides greater exposure control stability that is especially beneficial when working with fast continuous shooting rates.
- Compatible with optional AF-S Teleconverter TC-14, TC-17, and TC-20 teleconverters.