Nikon AF-S DX 16-80mm f/2.8-4E ED VR Lens
In The Box
- AF-S DX 16-80mm f/2.8-4E ED VR Lens
- Lens Hood
- Standard zoom is designed for DX-format Nikon F-mount DSLRs and provides a 24-120mm equivalent focal length range.
- Bright f/2.8-4 maximum aperture range suits working in difficult lighting conditions and also offers greater control over depth of field.
- Three aspherical elements are used to reduce spherical aberrations and distortion in order to realize sharp imagery with accurate rendering.
- Four extra-low dispersion elements greatly reduce color fringing and chromatic aberrations in order to produce greater clarity and color accuracy.
- Both a Nano Crystal Coat and a Super Integrated Coating have been applied to individual elements to suppress internal reflections, flare, and ghosting for improved contrast and color accuracy when working in strong lighting conditions.
- Vibration Reduction image stabilization helps to reduce the appearance of camera shake for up to four shutter speed stops, benefiting this lens’ use in low-light conditions.
- Additionally, a designated Tripod Mode helps to suppress subtle ground vibrations when working atop a support system.
- Silent Wave Motor affords quick, quiet, and precise autofocus performance along with full-time manual focus override.
- An internal focusing design is also used, where only the internal lens groups are moved during focusing, to maintain the overall length of the lens during use and to promote faster focusing speeds.
- Fluorine coating on the front and rear elements affords protection to the optical system, resists smudging and fingerprints, and is easier to clean.
- Rounded seven-blade diaphragm promotes a pleasing out of focus quality that benefits the use of shallow depth of field techniques.
- Specialized electromagnetic aperture mechanism provides greater exposure control stability that is especially beneficial when working with fast continuous shooting rates.