Nikon D500 Camera
In The Box
- Nikon D500 Kit
- EN-EL15 Lithium-Ion Battery (1900mAh)
- MH-25A Battery Charger for EN-EL15 Li-Ion Battery
- DK-17 Eyepiece
- UC-E22 USB 3.0 Cable
- USB Cable Clip
- HDMI Cable Clip
- AN-DC17 Replacement Camera Strap for D500 DSLR
- BF-1B Body Cap
- A large 3.2″ rear LCD monitor features a high 2,359k-dot resolution for clear, vivid playback and live view shooting. The monitor is also a touchscreen for more intuitive menu navigation and settings control, and is usable while shooting, giving you the ability to choose a focus point or an area to set the white balance from. The screen can also be used as a keyboard for quickly entering notes, copyright info, or IPTC information. Additionally, it features a tilting design for easier visibility when shooting from high and low working angles.
- A bright pentaprism optical viewfinder offers 100% frame coverage and a 1.0x magnification, and incorporates an organic EL display system to provide shooting information for seamless adjustment over camera settings without removing your eye from the viewfinder. Additionally, the optical glass features enhanced coatings for increased brightness, contrast, and color neutrality for more lifelike viewing.
- Extending file saving capabilities by permitting overflow recording, in-camera file duplicating, or the ability to segregate raw and JPEG files between two cards, the D500 is configured with both an SD slot and a CFexpress Type B/XQD memory card slot.
- A robust magnesium alloy chassis is both dust- and weather-resistant to benefit working in harsh climates and inclement conditions.
- The ergonomic grip and overall form factor are shaped to benefit handling for extended periods of time and are further accentuated by anti-slip, textured controls and easy-to-open card slot covers. Additionally, most of the rear buttons on the rear of the camera are illuminated for greater visibility when working in dim lighting conditions. Two configurable Fn buttons, one front-facing and the other rear-facing, may be assigned for checking depth of field or used for other shooting controls.
- The included EN-EL15 rechargeable lithium-ion battery is CIPA-rated to last for approximately 1240 shots per charge in single-frame release modes. The optional MB-D17 Multi-Power Battery Pack can also be added to further extend shooting times.
- Three types of auto white balance are available: Auto 0, which maintains natural white values under any lighting condition; Auto 1, which maintains a balances of color between the subject and ambient light conditions; and Auto 2, which renders colors with a natural warmth and retains the colors of various types of lighting.
- In-camera flicker reduction is available for both stills shooting and movie recording.
- Three different sizes of raw files can be used depending on your output needs; raw size medium and small are 12-bit lossless compressed NEF files while the large file size is a 14-bit lossless uncompressed or compressed NEF file.
- Spot White Balance control for live view shooting makes setting the white balance as easy as pointing to the area in the frame that should be white. Additionally, 1-6 preset white balance settings can be stored for easier switching between different light sources.
- The D500 is compatible with the radio-controlled Advanced Wireless Lighting system, which permits working with the optional WR-R10 Controller and WR-A10 Receiver, along with the SB-5000, for intuitive, controllable wireless flash shooting.
- Picture Control modes allow you to set predefined looks to imagery in-camera and include Landscape, Monochrome, Neutral, Portrait, Standard, Vivid, Flat, and user-customizable settings.
AF-S DX NIKKOR 16-80mm f/2.8-4E ED VR Lens
Included with the camera body is the AF-S DX NIKKOR 16-80mm f/2.8-4E ED VR lens, which provides a 24-120mm equivalent focal length range that covers wide-angle to telephoto perspectives. A bright f/2.8-4 maximum aperture range benefits working in low-light conditions and also affords greater control over focus placement for selective focus shooting. The optical design of this DX-dedicated zoom incorporates three aspherical elements and four extra-low dispersion elements, which combine to reduce both spherical and chromatic aberrations throughout the zoom range. This lens also incorporates a four stop-effective Vibration Reduction system to minimize the appearance of camera shake, and an electromagnetic aperture mechanism offers greater exposure stability at fast continuous shooting rates. Super Integrated and Nano Crystal Coatings have been applied to individual lens elements to control lens flare and ghosting, and both the front and rear elements also receive a fluorine coating to guard against smudging, moisture, and dust.
AF-S NIKKOR 200-500mm f/5.6E ED VR Lens
The AF-S NIKKOR 200-500mm f/5.6E ED VR Lens from Nikon is a telephoto zoom characterized by a constant f/5.6 maximum aperture for consistent performance throughout the zoom range. The optical design incorporates three extra-low dispersion glass elements to reduce chromatic aberrations and distortions for increased sharpness and color accuracy. Also contributing to improved image quality, a Super Integrated Coating has been applied to lens elements to lessen flare and ghosting for improved contrast and clarity.
A Silent Wave Motor AF system produces fast, near-silent focusing performance that suits both stills shooting and movie recording, which can instantly be manually overridden by simply turning the manual focus ring. Further contributing to photographing in fast-paced situations and difficult lighting, VR (Vibration Reduction) image stabilization compensates for the effects of camera shake by up to 4.5 shutter speed stops. Additionally, an electromagnetic aperture mechanism is integrated into the lens design to provide greater exposure control stability that is especially beneficial when working with faster continuous shooting rates.