Nikon D850 Camera
In The Box
- D850 Kit
- EN-EL15b Rechargeable Lithium-Ion Battery
- MH-25A Battery Charger for EN-EL15 Li-Ion Battery
- UC-E22 USB 3.0 Cable
- HDMI/USB Cable Clip
- AN-DC18 Camera Strap
- BF-1B Body Cap
- DK-17F Fluorine-Coated Finder Eyepiece
- A large 3.2″ 2.359m-dot LCD screen is available for bright, clear, and vivid image playback and live view shooting. The screen has a tilting design to benefit working from both high and low angles, and it is also a touchscreen for more intuitive operation, navigation, and settings control.
- The bright optical pentaprism viewfinder offers a large 0.75x magnification and a wide field of view for comfortable and accurate use.
- Configured with one CFexpress Type B/XQD memory card slot and one UHS-II-compliant SD memory card slot, which allows you to extend file saving capabilities by permitting overflow recording, in-camera file-duplicating, or the ability to segregate raw and JPEG files between the two cards.
- A robust magnesium alloy chassis is both dust- and weather-resistant to benefit working in harsh climates and inclement conditions.
- The ergonomic grip and overall form factor is shaped to benefit handling for extended periods of time and is further accentuated by an anti-slip material and a joystick for seamless settings and focus point selection. Additionally, most of the rear buttons are illuminated for greater visibility when working in dim lighting conditions.
- The included EN-EL15a rechargeable lithium-ion battery is CIPA-rated to last for approximately 1840 shots per charge. If paired with the optional MB-D18 grip and EN-EL18a/b battery, you can record approximately 5140 shots per charge.
- Built-in SnapBridge connectivity to enable seamless transfer of low-resolution imagery as well as remote shooting capabilities. BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy) and Wi-Fi enables communication between the camera and a smart device and, additionally, the mobile device can remotely trigger the shutter and display a live view image from the camera to enable working from a distance.
- Faster wireless transfer is possible using the optional WT-7a Wireless Transmitter.
- A Negative Digitizer mode is specifically designed for photographing film negatives and slides to convert them to high-resolution digital files. This mode is intended to be used with the optional AF-S Micro NIKKOR 60mm f/2.8G ED lens and the ES-2 Slide Copying Adapter.
- Focus Shift Mode benefits working with focus stacking techniques by automatically recording a series of images at up to 10 different focus steps. Up to 300 individual frames can be recorded within these 10 steps, with the D850 automatically shifting focus between each shot to achieve an extended depth of field. The sequential images will be saved within a unique folder on the memory card in order to keep each series of exposures segregated for a faster and easier post-production workflow.
- In-camera shooting in the 1:1 square format and classic 4:5 format is possible, and the viewfinder will be automatically shaded during shooting in order to aid in more accurate composition.
- Raw files can be recorded in three separate sizes for expedited post-production, and in-camera raw file batch processing is also possible.
- The D850 is compatible with the radio-controlled Advanced Wireless Lighting system, which permits working with the optional WR-R10 Controller and WR-A10 Receiver, along with the SB-5000, for intuitive, controllable wireless flash
- Picture Control modes allow you to set predefined looks to imagery in-camera and include Flat, Landscape, Monochrome, Neutral, Portrait, Standard, Vivid, and auto settings.
AF-S NIKKOR 24-120mm f/4G ED VR Lens
The AF-S NIKKOR 24-120mm f/4G ED VR from Nikon spans a useful wide-angle to short-telephoto range and features a constant f/4 maximum aperture for consistent performance throughout the zoom range. Three aspherical elements and two extra-low dispersion elements are used to greatly reduce spherical and chromatic aberrations in order to produce a high degree of sharpness and clarity. Also benefitting image quality, both a Nano Crystal Coat and a Super Integrated Coating have been applied to control flare and ghosting for improved contrast and color accuracy. Supporting the optics is VR II image stabilization, which compensates for camera shake to help realize sharp imagery when shooting handheld. A Silent Wave Motor is also used to provide fast and precise autofocus performance, along with full-time manual focus override.
AF-S NIKKOR 70-200mm f/2.8E FL ED VR Lens
The AF-S NIKKOR 70-200mm f/2.8E FL ED VR from Nikon is a portrait to telephoto zoom offering a bright f/2.8 constant maximum aperture, intuitive handling controls, and a sophisticated optical construction. This revised layout now includes six extra-low dispersion elements, as well as one fluorite element and one high refractive index element, to reduce chromatic aberrations and color fringing for improved clarity and sharpness. Nano Crystal and Super Integrated Coatings further benefit image quality by reducing lens flare for improved contrast and color accuracy and fluorine coatings on the front and rear elements protect against dust, moisture, and smudging.
AF-S NIKKOR 200-500mm f/5.6E ED VR Lens
The AF-S NIKKOR 200-500mm f/5.6E ED VR Lens from Nikon is a telephoto zoom characterized by a constant f/5.6 maximum aperture for consistent performance throughout the zoom range. The optical design incorporates three extra-low dispersion glass elements to reduce chromatic aberrations and distortions for increased sharpness and color accuracy. Also contributing to improved image quality, a Super Integrated Coating has been applied to lens elements to lessen flare and ghosting for improved contrast and clarity.