Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II Camera
In The Box
- OM-D E-M1 Mark II Kit
- FL-LM3 Flash
- BLH-1 Lithium-Ion Battery
- BCH-1 Lithium-Ion Battery Charger
- Shoulder Strap
- USB Cable
- Cable Clip
- High-resolution 2.36m-dot electronic viewfinder is available for eye-level monitoring, and an S-OVF (Simulated Optical Viewfinder) mode can be used to expand the live view dynamic range to suit working in bright, contrast-rich lighting.
- Rear 3.0″ 1.04m-dot touchscreen LCD features a vari-angle design to support working from a variety of angles, as well as making front-facing selfies.
- Magnesium-alloy body design is hermetically-sealed for resistance against dust and moisture to better enable working in harsh environments, as well as freezing temperatures down to 14°F.
- The included FL-LM3 external flash is also dust and splashproof to match the camera’s resistance to harsh weather.
- Dual SD memory card slots afford greater flexibility in regard to how files are saved, and also enable a greater overall capacity for longer shooting sessions.
- USB 3.0 Type-C port avails fast connection and transfer speeds, as well as enables tethered shooting capabilities with Olympus Capture.
- Built-in Wi-Fi permits wireless image sharing and remote camera control from a linked smartphone or tablet.
- High Res Shot Mode offers the equivalent output of a 50MP image by combining eight single JPEG frames, which are recorded within one second, into a single, larger image. In between each of the eight exposures, the sensor-shift stabilization mechanism moves slightly in order to acquire more information than in a single exposure and these frames are then composited into a final JPEG with greater resolution and color detail. The TruePic VIII processor aids this process by compensating for any subject movement blur and this feature can also be configured to record 25MP images for file size flexibility.
- Silent Shutter Mode completely eliminates shutter noise and other electronic sounds to benefit working in nature, concert halls, or other sound-sensitivity locations.
- Live Bulb and Live Time settings can be used to produce creative long exposure imagery. Live Bulb lets you hold the shutter open for up to one minute and Live Time lets you press the shutter button once to open the shutter and then press again within a minute to end the exposure.
- Live Composite is a unique long exposure mode that allows you to gradually build up an exposure over time without overexposing key elements within the frame. This mode works to only record newly detected light sources over time, and allows you to watch as an image develops, making it ideally suited for photographing star trails or other moving light sources.
- Interval shooting is supported for up to 999 frames with 1 second to 24-hour exposure intervals.
- In-Camera Focus Stacking will automatically record eight images of a subject while shifting the plane of focus slightly, then composite these exposures into a single frame to exhibit an extended depth of field. Alternatively, Focus Bracketing allows you to record between 3-999 frames with adjustable focus steps in a 1-10 range for manual compositing during post-production. These modes are only available when working with M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm f/2.8 Macro, 12-40mm f/2.8 PRO, 40-150mm f/2.8 PRO, 30mm f/3.5 Macro, 7-14mm f/2.8 PRO, 8mm f/1.8 Fisheye PRO, and 300mm f/4 IS PRO lenses.
- Picture Modes: i-Enhance, Vivid, Natural, Muted, Portrait, Monotone, Custom, e Portrait, Underwater, and Art Filters.
- Fourteen different in-camera Art Filters are available, and include Pop Art, Soft Focus, Pale & Light Color, Light Tone, Grainy Film, Pin Hole, Diorama, Cross Process, Gentle Sepia, Dramatic Tone, Key Line, Watercolor, Vintage, and Partial Color, and these modes can be further adjusted through the use of Art Effects, which include a Soft Focus Effect, Pin-Hole Effect, White Edge Effect, Frame Effect, Star Light Effect, Defocus Effect, B&W Effect (Yellow, Orange, Red, and Green), Picture Tone (Sepia, Blue, Purple, and Green), and Shade Effect (Top & Bottom, Left & Right).
- Keystone Compensation allows you to correct for convergence when working in live view.
- A multi-exposure mode blends two frames using an auto gain to maintain a controlled exposure value.
M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-40mm f/2.8 PRO Lens
A flexible zoom covering a popular focal length range, the M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-40mm f/2.8 PRO from Olympus is a wide-to-portrait-length 24-80mm equivalent lens for Micro Four Thirds mirrorless cameras. Its sophisticated optical design, which includes a variety of aspherical, low dispersion, and high refractive index elements, reduces both chromatic and spherical aberrations throughout the zoom range for notable clarity, sharpness, and color accuracy. A ZERO lens coating has also been applied to improve contrast when working in strong lighting conditions. Beyond the advanced lens design, this zoom is also characterized by its constant f/2.8 maximum aperture, as well as its durable weather-sealed construction for working in a variety of conditions. Additionally, a Movie & Still Compatible autofocus system achieves fast, smooth, and silent focusing performance, and a manual focus clutch affords instant switching between focusing methods.