Rode Blimp – Complete Windshield and Suspension System
In The Box
- Rode Blimp – Complete Windshield and Suspension System
- Dead Wombat Windshield
- Tail/Patch Cable
- Caring Brush
- The RODE Blimp is a complete windshield and shock mounting accessory for the NTG1, NTG2, NTG3, NTG4 and NTG4+ microphones, as well as any third party shotgun microphone up to 325mm (12 ¾”) in length.
- Now featuring the Rycote® Lyre suspension system, the Blimp provides the ultimate in microphone suspension and isolation.
- Constructed from a single piece of hard-wearing thermoplastic, the Lyre provides superior acoustic suspension to traditional elastic solutions, and will never wear out, sag or snap.
- The Blimp’s handle has also been completely redesigned, reducing the product weight significantly, while increasing the ergonomics for handheld use.
- Housed inside the grip is a heavy-duty Mogami cable which splits via a junction box to a highly-flexible thin cable inside the Blimp, to minimise the transference of vibration to the microphone.
- With the lightweight design of the handle and suspension system the new Blimp design is over 25% lighter (550gm without microphone or DeadWombat fitted).
- The Blimp attaches to any standard boompole via 3/8″ thread attachment at the base.
- The Universal Blimp Mount is available as an option to remove the handle when the Blimp is being used primarily on a boompole to reduce weight.