Rode NTG1 Shotgun Microphone
In The Box
- Rode NTG1 Shotgun Microphone
- Rode RM5 Stand Mount for the NT5 Microphone
- Rode WSVM Shotgun Wind Screen
- Padded Zip Pouch
Quality Sound Capture
- The combination of the NTG1’s 8.6″ long body and supercardioid polar pattern yields focused front-facing directionality and enhanced attenuation of sound entering from the sides. Its low self-noise of 18 dBA and sensitive condenser element communicate detailed audio unburdened by the hiss that plagues many low-cost microphones. Plus, its balanced output allows longer cable runs than most camera-mount shotgun microphones.
- Thanks to its 3-pin XLR output and compliance with 24V or 48V phantom power, the NTG1 is compatible with a variety of handheld audio recorders, field recorders, and mixer adapters, as well as built-in preamps on many camcorders and cinema cameras.
Ideal for Boompole Mounting
- The NTG1 includes a mic clip for easy placement on a mic stand or boompole. Alternatively, mount the NTG1 in the Rode SM4-R shockmount or Rode PG2-R pistol grip (both available separately) to impede the transfer of vibrations in boompole or handheld applications.
Windscreen Minimizes Wind Noise
- The NTG1 has a foam windscreen to reduce unwanted wind noise from breezes, fans, heaters, and air conditioners. For maximum reduction of handling noise and wind noise in indoor or outdoor environments, consider the Rode Blimp furry windshield and shockmount suspension system (available separately).