Rode NTG3-B Shotgun Microphone (Black)
In The Box
- Rode NTG3-B Shotgun Microphone (Black)
- Rode RM5 Stand Mount for the NT5 Microphone
- Aluminum Storage Cylinder
- Padded Zip Pouch
Designed to Withstand Adverse Environmental Conditions
- When your work takes you outdoors, you’re bound to encounter humidity and condensation, which can cause many mics to fail. The NTG3B’s RF bias technology makes it almost completely resistant to moisture, allowing you to reliably capture high-quality audio in normal and adverse environmental conditions. It also includes a weatherproof aluminum storage cylinder for maximum protection during travel.
- The NTG3B was engineered for broadcast-quality sound, enhanced immunity to RF (radio frequency) interference, and low handling noise. Plus, its balanced output allows longer cable runs than most camera-mount shotgun microphones.
The combination of the NTG3B’s 10″ long body and supercardioid polar pattern yields focused on-axis directionality with maximum rejection behind the mic. Its low self-noise of 13 dBA and highly sensitive condenser element communicate detailed audio unburdened by the hiss that plagues many low-cost microphones.
- Thanks to its 3-pin XLR output and compliance with 44 to 52 VDC phantom power, the NTG3B is compatible with a variety of handheld audio recorders, field recorders, and mixer adapters, as well as built-in preamps on many camcorders and cinema cameras.
Ideal for Boompole Mounting
- The NTG3B includes a mic clip for easy placement on a mic stand or boompole. Alternatively, mount the NTG3B in the Rode SMR-4 shockmount (available separately) to impede the transfer of vibrations between your boompole and the mic.
Windscreen Minimizes Wind Noise
- The NTG3B has a foam windscreen to reduce unwanted wind noise from breezes, fans, heaters, and air conditioners. For maximum reduction of handling noise and wind noise in indoor or outdoor environments, consider the Rode Blimp furry windshield and shockmount suspension system (available separately)