Rode NTG4 Shotgun Microphone
In The Box
- Rode NTG4 Shotgun Microphone
- Rode RM5 Stand Mount for the NT5 Microphone
- Foam Windscreen
- Padded Zip Pouch
Quality Sound Capture
- The combination of the NTG4’s 8.9″ long body and supercardioid polar pattern yields focused front-facing directionality and enhanced attenuation of sound entering from the sides. Its low self-noise of 16 dBA and sensitive condenser element communicate detailed audio unburdened by the hiss that plagues many low-cost microphones. Plus, its balanced output allows longer cable runs than most camera-mount shotgun microphones.
- Thanks to its 3-pin XLR output and compliance with 12, 24, or 48 VDC phantom power, the NTG4 is compatible with a variety of handheld audio recorders, field recorders, and mixer adapters as well as built-in preamps on many camcorders and cinema cameras.
Customizable Tone via Digital Switching
- Digital switching not only allows for intuitive access to the NTG4’s settings, but it also retains their states when the mic is switched off. Activate the 75 Hz low-cut filter to reduce low-frequency noise from common sources such as air conditioners and traffic. Use the +6 dB treble boost for enhanced clarity and intelligibility (best for environments with minimal high-frequency ambient noise). When loud sound sources threaten to distort your recording, switch on the -10 dB pad to attenuate the input level.
Ideal for Boompole Mounting
- The lightweight, metal-bodied NTG4 includes a mic clip for easy placement on a mic stand or boompole. Alternatively, mount the NTG4 in the Rode SM4-R shockmount or Rode PG2-R pistol grip (both available separately) to impede the transfer of vibrations in boompole or handheld applications.
Windscreen Minimizes Wind Noise
- The NTG4 has a foam windscreen to reduce unwanted wind noise from breezes, fans, heaters, and air conditioners. For maximum reduction of handling noise and wind noise in indoor or outdoor environments, consider the Rode Blimp furry windshield and shockmount suspension system (available separately).