Sekonic L-478D LiteMaster Pro Smart Light Meter
Sekonic L-478D LiteMaster Pro Smart Light Meter is the world’s first touch-screen-operated light meter. It has an array of unique, must-have features for both motion and still story tellers. Its compact size is both instantly familiar and comfortable to use. The large LCD (2.7″) displays ambient, flash, cine and a host of other information in a clear and understandable way. Settings are made by simply touching or sliding a finger over the screen.
The L-478D can be quickly calibrated to your camera using Sekonic’s Data Transfer software and either Sekonic or X-Rite Brand targets or by manually inputting data to the DTS program or on the meter itself.
For Still Photographers
- Full featured Ambient-Flash modes including new T-F mode. Measure, compare, and mix ambient and flash displayed on a color, touch screen for beautiful, controlled, results.
- DTS Exposure Profiling matches the meter to the performance of your camera (requires separate Sekonic or X-rite exposure targets and 5-degree finder for L-478). Precise exposure and lighting starts with precise, repeatable metering.
- Cine/HD Cine modes for today’s HDSLR and Video Cine cameras. Effortlessly switch between HDSLR and Cine for exact exposure settings in exact increments for both.
- Infinite frame rate and shutter angle selection. Create special settings for special applications. Video cine cameras are becoming boundless. Metering should be too.
- Unique, light-source filtration compensation mode. Finally, precise control lighting using industry standard CTO/CTB/ND types at the touch of a finger.
- Illumination measurement and extended ISO range. Lighting design and exposure in a single tool. ISO and exposure settings to match today’s digital cameras.
Sensor : SPD
Measuring System : Exposure Meter Incident light: Swivel head, retractable lumisphere, Reflected light: Removable, with Optional 5 deg. VF
Measuring Range and Modes
Measuring Modes Ambient Light : T priority, F priority, TF priority, HD_CINE (T priority), CINE (f/s priority), Lux/FC, Cd/m2/FL
Measuring Modes Flash : Cordless, Cord-in (PC), Multiple cumulative flash
Measuring Range (ISO 100) Ambient Incident Light : -2 to 22.9 EV
0.63 to 2,000,000 lx
0.1 to 180,000 fc
Measuring Range (ISO 100) Ambient Reflected Light : 3 to 22.9EV
1.0 to 980,000 cd/m2
0.29 to 290,000 fl
Measuring Range Flash Incident Light : F1.0 to F161.2(=128.9),
Measuring Range Flash Reflected Light : F2.8 to F161.2(=128.9),
ISO Range : ISO 3 to ISO 409,600 + ISO 850
Aperture Range (Ambient Light) : F0.5 to 161.2(=128.9) in 1, 1/2, 1/3 step (Analog Scale: F1.0 to F90 in 1/3 step)
Aperture Range (Flash Light) : F0.5 to 161.2(=128.9) in 1, 1/2, 1/3 step (Analog Scale: F1.0 to F90 in 1/3 step)
Shutter Speeds Range (Ambient Light) : 30m to 1/64,000s in 1, 1/2, 1/3 step (Analog scale: 4s to 1/2,000s in 1/3 step)
Shutter Speeds Range (Flash Light) : 30m to 1/1,000s in 1, 1/2, 1/3 step
Frame Rate Range (Ambient Light) : 1 to 1,000 f/s plus other 20 settings (customized from 0.001 to 9,999.999)
Shutter Angles Range (Ambient Light) : 1 to 358 deg. plus other 20 settings (customized from 0.001 to 360)
EV Range (Ambient Light) : EV-27.9 to EV55.8
Exposure Profile : Yes
Memory : Yes (9 times)
Contrast/Comparison Function : Yes (+/-9.9EV in 1/10 step)
Flash vs Ambient Analyzing : Yes (in 10% step)
Filter Compensation : Yes (-12 to 12EV, preset 30 type)
Exposure Compensation : Yes (-9.9 to +9.9)
Calibration Compensation : Yes (-1.0 to +1.0)
Custom Settings : Yes (13 custom settings)
Operating Temperature : -10 to 50 deg. C
Storage Temperature : -20 to 60 deg. C
Power source : 1.5V x 2 (AAA battery)
LCD : 2.7" color dot matrix touch panel LCD
LCD Backlight : Yes
Weight (lbs.) : 0.29
Weight (KG) : 0.13
Product Length Inches : 5.50
Product Width Inches : 2.20
Product Height Inches : 1.00