Sigma 24mm f/1.4 DG DN Lens
In The Box
- Sigma 24mm f/1.4 DG DN Lens
- Lens Cap
- Rear Cap
- Lens Hood
- As part of the Art line within Sigma’s Global Vision series, this lens is designed to achieve truly notable optical performance and is ideally suited for creative and artistic applications.
- The prime 24mm focal length offers a versatile wide-angle perspective when used on full-frame sensors, making it ideal for landscape, nature, and architectural photography. When used with a APS-C-format sensor, the lens offers a 36mm equivalent focal length.
- Fast f/1.4 maximum aperture is well-suited for working in low-light conditions and also provides greater control over the focus position when using shallow depth of field techniques.
- Four aspherical elements have been integrated into the lens’s construction to eliminate distortion and significantly suppress sagittal coma flare, making this lens an ideal choice for astrophotography and nightscapes.
- Offers a standard 72mm filter thread up front, ideal for ND filters and polarizers, and also features a rear filter holder that accommodates sheet-type filter material, often used by astrophotographers for specific effects.
- Two FLD elements and one SLD element have been incorporated within the lens design to correct for chromatic aberrations throughout the entire focusing range and to ensure high image sharpness, clarity, and contrast.
- A Super Multilayer Coating has been applied to lens elements in order to minimize lens flare and ghosting and contribute to producing contrast-rich and color-neutral imagery, even in backlit conditions.
- STM (stepping motor) provides fast and near-silent autofocus by controlling the amount of movement of the motor and optimizing the screw pitch to match the optical characteristics.
- Manual Focus Lock (MFL) switch disables the focus ring, ensuring that focus never changes.
- Aperture ring click switch, aperture lock switch, and hood with lock button for quick and efficient handling.
- A rounded eleven-blade diaphragm helps to produce an attractive out-of-focus quality when shooting at large apertures.
- NPC (Nano Porous Coating) provides a water and dust repellent coating that is incorporated into the lens’s weather-resistant design.
- High-precision, durable brass bayonet mount.
- Compatible with AF Assist function on select Sony E-mount cameras.
- This lens is compatible with the optional Sigma USB Dock for fine-tuning different lens characteristics and updating its firmware.