Sony A9 II Mirrorless Camera
In The Box
- Sony A9 II Mirrorless Camera
- NP-FZ100 Rechargeable Lithium-Ion Battery (2280mAh)
- BC-QZ1 Battery Charger
- ALC-B1EM Body Cap for E-Mount Cameras
- Shoulder Strap
- Accessory Shoe Cap
- Eyepiece Cup
- USB Type-C Cable
- Cable Protector
- A Quad-VGA OLED Tru-Finder EVF is featured and has a 3.69m-dot resolution and 0.78x-magnification for bright, clear viewing in rich detail, and a dedicated High Quality setting enables a 120 fps refresh rate for especially smooth playback of moving subjects. Additionally, a fluorine coating has been applied to the outermost viewfinder element to benefit cleaning.
- In addition to the EVF, a 3.0″ 1.44m-dot rear LCD is also available, which has a touch panel design for intuitive operation and focusing control. The screen also tilts upward and downward to benefit working from high and low angles.
- Magnesium alloy chassis assures rigidity, durability, and stability while remaining lightweight. The lens mount has also been improved to better support heavy lenses, and the grip rigidity has been improved for more comfortable hand-holding.
- Extensive weather-sealing, including enhanced sealing around the battery cover, terminal cover, and chassis joints, has been employed to resist dust and moisture for reliable operation in harsh weather conditions.
- Using the same NP-FZ100 battery as its predecessor, the a9 II’s battery life is rated for approximately 500 shots per charge with the EVF or 690 shots with the rear LCD.
- Dual SD memory card slots allow for flexible file saving and handling and can be configured to partition raw and JPEG files or can be used for overflow recording. Both of the card slots are rated to support UHS-II memory cards for faster transfer speeds.
- A USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-C port has been added, in addition to a micro-USB port, for faster, more reliable tethering support. The USB Type-C connection allows the camera to be charged from the host power source while connected.
- Integrated PC sync terminal for wired flash sync with strobe packs or wireless radio remotes.
- Durable shutter design has been tested for 500,000 actuations.
- Updated Multi Interface Shoe supports working with the optional ECM-B1M Shotgun Microphone or XLR-K3M XLR Adapter Kit, which provide improved, clear audio recording sound by sending a digital audio signal to the camera, opposed to an analog signal.
- The a9 II also features a 3.5mm microphone input jack for compatibility with external microphones.
- Compatible with optional VG-C4EM Vertical Grip.
- Save/load camera settings is possible in-camera as well as to an SD card for working with the same shooting settings with multiple camera bodies.
- Customizable Fn button can be set to handle separate tasks depending on if working in stills or video modes.
- A Ratings function lets you assign star values, from 1-5, to images in-camera for faster editing and sorting at home during post-production.
- An advanced 1200-zone evaluative exposure metering sensor delivers consistent and accurate results using multi-segment, center-weighted, or spot metering modes.
- Highlight and Average metering modes helps avoid blown-out highlights and provide stable auto-exposure, respectively.
- Built-in Wi-Fi enables the a9 II to instantly share imagery to mobile devices for direct sharing online, and support for both 2.4 and 5.0 GHz bands also enables wireless tethered shooting support. NFC (Near Field Communication) is also supported, which allows for one-touch connection between the camera and compatible mobile devices; no complex set-up is required. Once connected, the linked mobile device can also display a live view image on its screen and remotely control the camera’s shutter.
- Bluetooth connectivity allows for location data acquisition.
- Integrated Ethernet port has been upgraded to 1000BASE-T speed for quick wired LAN sharing and remote operation.
- When working over a wired LAN, the Remote Camera Tool 2.1 app now has been enhanced for a reduced release time lag and live view delays as well as support for remote SD card formatting, FTP server switching, and changes to the still image storage destination. Wired or wireless LAN transfers can also occur in the background, while continuing to shoot.
- Imaging Edge Remote for desktop now supports the a9 II for PC Remote shooting via the Wi-Fi connection or tethered by the wired USB Type-C port. An updated data transfer control now makes it possible to transfer files from an SD card over Wi-Fi using the Imaging Edge Mobile app even when the camera is powered off.
- Transfer & Tagging add-on app can send FTP setting parameters from your mobile device to the camera, offers automatic data upload to an FTP server with attached metadata, and can perform automatic voice-to-text conversion.
- Voice Memos can be recorded in conjunction with still images and allow for attaching up to 60-second-long sound recordings to individual images. Saved as WAV audio files, these memos can be attached to files and played when the images are reviewed. Using the Transfer & Tagging add-on on a smartphone, you can automatically or manually convert this audio into text to be embedded in the image’s metadata.
- Up to 10 distinct FTP settings can be saved and stored to an SD card, or up to 20 different settings can be saved via the Imaging Edge Mobile app.