Sony FE 24-105mm f/4 G OSS Lens
In The Box
- Sony FE 24-105mm f/4 G OSS Lens
- Front Lens Cap
- Rear Lens Cap
- Lens Case
- Lens Hood
- Covering a versatile wide-angle to short-telephoto range, this 24-105mm lens is designed for full-frame E-mount mirrorless cameras, however can also be used with APS-C models where it provides a 36-157.5mm equivalent focal length range.
- A constant f/4 maximum aperture offers consistent performance throughout the zoom range and also lends greater control over focus position for shallow depth of field techniques.
- Four aspherical elements are featured in the optical design and two of which are designated as Advanced Aspherical elements to noticeably reduce spherical aberrations and distortion throughout the zoom range for improved sharpness and clarity.
- Three extra-low dispersion elements are also used to minimize color fringing and chromatic aberrations for greater color accuracy.
- A Nano AR Coating has been applied to reduce surface reflections, flare, and ghosting for increased contrast and color rendering in strong lighting conditions.
- Optical SteadyShot image stabilization helps to minimize the appearance of camera shake for sharper imagery when shooting handheld with slower shutter speeds. This stabilization system can also be combined with select camera’s sensor-shift type image stabilization for more effective control of camera blur.
- A Direct Drive Super Sonic wave AF motor and internal focus mechanism provide quick, quiet, and precise autofocus performance and also contribute to more natural, intuitive manual focus control.
- A focus hold button and AF/MF switch are present on the lens barrel for intuitive tactile control and rapid access to select settings.
- A dust- and moisture-sealed design better permits working in inclement conditions and rubberized control rings benefit handling in colder temperatures.
- The front lens element features a fluorine coating to protect against smudges and dust from adhering to the glass surface.
- Rounded nine-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality when employing selective focus techniques.