Sony FE 24-70mm f/2.8 GM Lens
In The Box
- Sony FE 24-70mm f/2.8 GM Lens
- Front Lens Cap
- Rear Lens Cap
- Lens Case
- Shoulder Strap
- As part of Sony’s esteemed G Master series, this lens is designed to achieve notably high resolution and sharpness through the correction of a wide variety of spherical and chromatic aberrations. Additionally, these lenses feature robust and intuitive-to-handle physical designs to benefit both photography and cine applications.
- Covering wide-angle to portrait-length perspectives, this standard 24-70mm zoom is designed for full-frame E-mount mirrorless cameras and is also compatible with APS-C models, where it will provide a 36-105mm equivalent focal length range.
- Constant f/2.8 maximum aperture maintains consistent performance from wide-angle to telephoto focal length positions and also contributes to greater selective focus control.
- Of the three aspherical elements incorporated in the lens design, one is an XA element with superior surface precision to effectively reduce astigmatism, field curvature, coma, and other monochromatic aberrations from imagery.
- One extra-low dispersion element and one Super ED element are featured in the lens design and help to control chromatic aberrations and reduce color fringing for increased clarity and color fidelity.
- A Nano AR Coating has been applied to reduce surface reflections, flare, and ghosting for increased contrast and color rendering in strong lighting conditions.
- A Direct Drive Super Sonic wave AF motor and internal focus mechanism provide quick, quiet, and precise autofocus performance and also contribute to more natural, intuitive manual focus control.
- A focus hold button and AF/MF switch are present on the lens barrel for intuitive tactile control and rapid access to select settings.
- A dust- and moisture-sealed design better permits working in inclement conditions and rubberized control rings benefit handling in colder temperatures.
- Rounded nine-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality when employing selective focus techniques.