Sony FE 24mm f/1.4 GM Lens
In The Box
- FE 24mm Lens
- Front Lens Cap
- Rear Lens Cap
- Lens Hood
- Lens Case
- As part of Sony’s esteemed G Master series, this lens is designed to achieve notably high resolution and sharpness through the correction of a wide variety of spherical and chromatic aberrations. Additionally, these lenses feature robust and intuitive-to-handle physical designs to benefit both photography and cine applications.
- Versatile wide-angle prime is designed for full-frame Sony E-mount mirrorless cameras, however can also be used on APS-C models where it provides a 36mm equivalent focal length.
- Notably fast f/1.4 maximum aperture benefits working in difficult lighting conditions and also affords increased control over depth of field.
- Two XA elements are incorporated into the optical design, which features superior surface precision for effective control over astigmatism, field curvature, coma, and other spherical aberrations.
- Three extra-low dispersion elements are featured in the lens design and help to reduce chromatic aberrations and color fringing for improved clarity and color neutrality.
- A Nano AR Coating has been applied to reduce surface reflections, flare, and ghosting for increased contrast and color rendering in strong lighting conditions.
- A Direct Drive Super Sonic wave Motor AF system and internal focus mechanism provides quick, quiet, and precise autofocus performance and also contributes to more natural, intuitive manual focus control.
- A focus hold button is present on the lens barrel for intuitive tactile control and rapid access to select settings.
- Physical aperture ring can be de-clicked for smooth, silent aperture switching to benefit video applications.
- Dust- and moisture-sealed design better permits working in inclement conditions and rubberized control rings benefit handling in colder temperatures.
- Fluorine-coated front element resists dust, moisture, and fingerprints and is easy to clean.
- Rounded 11-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality when employing selective focus techniques.