Sony FE 600mm f/4 GM OSS Lens
In The Box
- FE 600mm Lens
- Carbon Fiber Lens Hood
- Front Lens Cap
- Rear Lens Cap
- Lens Strap
- Trunk-Style Hard Lens Case with Strap and Key
- FE 600mm f/4 GM OSS Lens from Sony is designed for their E-mount cameras and is ideal for sports, news, wildlife, and nature photographers.
- The light weight and balance of the FE 600mm f/4 GM OSS lens is achieved through an optical design
- The improved design of this well-balanced lens reduces the number of elements deployed at the front of the barrel, resulting in faster, more precise panning, whether shooting handheld or on a monopod.
- All lenses bearing the G Master brand are designed to high standards, ensuring that outstanding contrast at high spatial frequencies is maintained right out to the image edges. The optical design includes a large aperture XA (extreme aspherical) element and three fluorite elements that help to minimize axial chromatic aberration that can be a problem in large-aperture lenses, as well as lateral chromatic aberration that can reduce resolution towards the image periphery.
- The wide f/4 maximum aperture maintains exposure and depth of field, while also allowing maximum light for shooting in almost any condition. When changing your aperture to defocus the background, the areas out of the focal plane appear blurred. This ‘bokeh’ effect of the blurred background can be enhanced with the circular aperture blades used in this lens.
- Complementing the wide f/4 aperture is the 11-blade circular aperture that results in soft-edged bokeh that is a hallmark of the Sony G Master series. While conventional aperture blades have flat sides that create unappealing, polygonal-shaped defocused points of light, this lens overcomes this problem through a design that keeps the aperture almost perfectly circular from its wide-open setting to when it is closed by 2 stops.
- High-performance Optical SteadyShot image stabilization is built right into the lens for sharp, blur-free images with a wide range of subjects and handheld shooting.
- 5-axis image stabilization becomes available when used with Alpha-series cameras that feature built-in image stabilization.
- The FE 600mm f/4 GM OSS features focus hold buttons in four locations on the lens barrel for easy access in virtually any shooting situation. Once you’ve adjusted focus to where you want it, pressing one of the focus hold buttons on the lens barrel will keep the lens locked to that focusing distance. The focus hold buttons can also be customized via an in-camera body menu, allowing them to be assigned to a different function selected by the user, such as Eye AF.
- Optional high-performance 1.4x and 2.0x tele-converters are supported, providing up to a 1200mm focal length, or up to an 1800mm equivalent on APS-C bodies.
- Instantly and quickly switch between auto and manual focus via an AF/MF switch on the side of the lens.
- DMF (Direct Manual Focus) gives you the ability to instantly switch to manual focus while in autofocus mode. This is particularly useful when acquiring a subject using AF, since you’ll then be able to fine tune your focus point using the manual focus ring. When the Full-Time DMF switch is on, manual focus is immediately engaged by simply rotating the focus ring, even while shooting in the AF-C mode.
- High-speed, accurate AF tracking for continuous shooting at the minimum aperture of f/22 (a9 software must be updated to the latest version). This is an important advantage, allowing maximum depth of field to be used without limitations when shooting continuously to follow action and ensuring that AF tracking can keep the subject in focus.