Sony HXR-NX5R NXCAM Professional Camcorder
In The Box
- Sony HXR-NX5R NXCAM Professional Camcorder
- Battery Charger
- Lens Cover with Hood
- Large Eyecup
- Shoe Cap
- USB Cable
- Video Light Diffuser
- NP-F770 Battery
- AC Adapter
- AC Power Cord
- Wireless Remote Commander (RMT-845)
CR2025 Battery (Pre-Installed in Remote)
- Accessory Shoe Kit
Built-In LED Light
- Mounted above the lens and just below the built-in mic, the LED light features a roughly 90° beam angle, outputting a color temperature of about 5500K. It has an integrated dimmer and includes a snap-on diffuser to soften the output.
Wi-Fi and FTP
- Built-in Wi-Fi, NFC, and FTP allow you to send your footage to your editor while you are still shooting, so post-production doesn’t have to wait on the data cards being sent from the shoot.
- The NX5R can record 1920 x 1080p footage at 59.94 fps using the XAVC S codec.
- The AVCHD format utilizes the MPEG-4, AVC/H.264 video codec, allowing users to record HD video footage onto random-access media, such as Memory Stick PRO Duo and SDHC memory cards. The NX5R supports AVCHD and AVCHD 2.0
- “G Lens”, the lens featured in other successful Sony camcorders, already enjoys an excellent industry reputation. In the HXR-NX5R, this sophisticated lens is optimized to complement the camcorder’s advanced image sensor and image processing technology.
Built-In ND filters
- The HXR-NX5R is equipped with three built-in ND (Neutral Density) filters—1/4, 1/16, 1/64—which help vary the depth of field with iris control.
Relay Record with Dual Memory Slots
- Another new feature is continuous recording between two memory card slots. The new HXR-NX5R camcorder automatically cycles between the dual memory slots. When using two 32GB memory cards, six hours of continuous HD footage can be recorded.