Sony Planar T* FE 50mm f/1.4 ZA Lens
In The Box
- FE 50mm Lens
- Lens Hood
- Front Lens Cap
- Rear Lens Cap
- Lens Pouch
- Based on the Zeiss Planar optical concept, this lens uses a design with 12 elements in 9 groups that helps achieve the large maximum aperture of f/1.4 while helping to minimize chromatic aberrations.
- A normal-length prime designed for full-frame E-mount mirrorless cameras, this 50mm f/1.4 is also compatible with APS-C models where it will provide a 75mm equivalent focal length.
- Fast f/1.4 maximum aperture benefits working in difficult lighting conditions and also offers a wealth of control over focus position when using shallow depth of field techniques.
- Zeiss T* anti-reflective coatings have been applied to each lens surface to help minimize reflections in order to provide greater image clarity, contrast, and color fidelity.
- One Advanced Aspherical (AA) and one aspherical element are incorporated into the optical design for effective control over astigmatism, field curvature, coma, and other spherical aberrations.
- One extra-low dispersion element is featured in the lens design to help reduce chromatic aberrations and color fringing for improved clarity and color neutrality.
- A ring drive Super Sonic wave Motor autofocus system and internal focus mechanism provides quick, quiet, and precise autofocus performance and also contributes to more natural, intuitive manual focus control. An AF/MF switch is located on the lens barrel for tactile control over this setting.
- Physical aperture ring can be de-clicked for smooth, silent aperture switching to benefit video applications.
- Dust- and moisture-sealed design better permits working in inclement conditions and rubberized control rings benefit handling in colder temperatures.
- Rounded eleven-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality when employing selective focus techniques.