Tamron 70-180mm f/2.8 Di III VXD Lens
In The Box
- Tamron 70-180mm f/2.8 Di III VXD Lens
- Front Lens Cap (67mm)
- Rear Lens Cap
- Lens Hood
- Versatile telephoto zoom is designed for full-frame Sony E-mount mirrorless cameras, however can also be used with APS-C models where it will provide a 105-270mm equivalent focal length range.
- Bright constant f/2.8 maximum aperture affords consistent brightness throughout the zoom range and offers improved control over depth of field.
- Six low dispersion elements, including both XLD (eXtra Low Dispersion) and LD (Low Dispersion) designs, greatly reduce color fringing and chromatic aberrations throughout the zoom range in order to realize improved clarity and color accuracy.
- Three aspherical elements, including both glass-molded and hybrid types, help to reduce spherical aberrations and distortion for high sharpness and accurate rendering throughout the zoom range.
- BBAR-G2 (Broad-Band Anti-Reflection Generation 2) Coating has been applied to individual elements in order to suppress internal reflections, flare, and ghosting to achieve greater contrast and color fidelity when working in strong lighting conditions.
- Two VXD (Voice-coil eXtreme-torque Drive) linear motors deliver impressively quiet, quick, and precise focusing performance to suit both stills and video applications. This focusing system offers a minimum focusing distance of 2.8′ at all focal lengths, and a 1:4.6 maximum magnification at the 180mm focal length for working with close-up subjects. Full-time manual focus override is also possible, and it is compatible with Sony’s Direct Manual Focus function or fine-tuned manual control.
- Two VXD units work in conjunction with a floating elements system to maintain consistent image quality throughout the focusing range.
- When working with manual focus at the 70mm focal length position, it is possible to focus as closely as 10.6″ with a 1:2 maximum magnification ratio, however peripheral image quality may be reduced.
- A moisture-resistant construction benefits this lens’ use in inclement conditions, and a fluorine coating has also been applied to the front lens element to protect against dust, dirt, and smearing.
- Rounded nine-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality.
- Zoom Lock switch prevents unwanted barrel extension during transportation.