Tamron SP 85mm f/1.8 Di VC USD Lens
In The Box
- SP 85mm f/1.8 Di VC USD Lens
- Front and Rear Lens Caps
- Lens Hood
- SILKYPIX Developer Studio Software
- An ideal portrait-length prime, this 85mm lens is designed for full-frame Canon EF-mount DSLRs, and is also compatible with APS-C models where it will provide a 136mm equivalent focal length.
- Fast f/1.8 maximum aperture benefits working in low-light conditions and also affords extensive control over focus placement for greater separation of subjects from the background, as well as the ability to produce selective imagery.
- Both LD (Low Dispersion) and XLD (Extra Low Dispersion) glass elements are incorporated in the 13 elements, 9 groups optical design, and contribute to a marked reduction in chromatic aberrations and color fringing throughout the aperture range.
- eBAND (Extended Bandwidth & Angular-Dependency) and BBAR (Broad-Band Anti-Reflection) coatings have been applied to lens elements to reduce surface reflections and prevent lens flare and ghosting for increased contrast and color accuracy.
- VC (Vibration Compensation) image stabilization is incorporated into the lens’ design to minimize the appearance of camera shake by up to 3.5 stops for sharper handheld shooting in low-light conditions.
- Ring-type USD (Ultrasonic Silent Drive) motor and an optimized USD actuator are employed for fast, precise, and quiet autofocus performance that benefits both stills and video recording. This motor also enables full-time manual focus control without having to shift into a dedicated MF mode.
- Moisture-resistant construction incorporates seals around the lens mount and other areas to benefit working in inclement conditions. Additionally, a fluorine coating has been applied to the front lens element to repel water, fingerprints, and smudges for easier cleaning of the lens surface.
- Rounded nine-blade diaphragm produces a pleasing out-of-focus quality when working with shallow depth of field techniques.
- An electromagnetic diaphragm system is used to ensure more consistent exposure results, especially at higher continuous shooting rates.
- Compatible with the optional TAP-in Console for updating the lens’ firmware as well as adjusting focus settings via the TAP-in Utility software.
- SILKYPIX Developer Studio software for Tamron is included with the lens, which, aside from enabling basic raw processing and image adjustments, works to specifically correct for various aberrations, including color fringing, distortion, and peripheral light fall-off, using dedicated optical data from Tamron’s SP-series of lenses.