Tamron SP 90mm f/2.8 Di Macro 1:1 VC USD Lens
In The Box
- SP 90mm f/2.8 Di Macro 1:1 VC USD Lens
- Front Lerns Caps
- Rear Lens Caps
- Lens Hood
- A short-telephoto focal length optimized for macro shooting, this 90mm lens is designed for Canon EF/ Nikon F/ Sony FE-mount DSLRs, and is also compatible with DX models where it will provide a 135mm equivalent focal length.
- Bright f/2.8 maximum aperture offers a clean viewfinder image and is also beneficial for working in low-light conditions and for isolating focus.
- One LD (Low Dispersion) and two XLD (Extra Low Dispersion) glass elements are incorporated in the 14 elements, 11 groups optical design, and contribute to a marked reduction in chromatic aberrations and color fringing throughout the aperture and focusing ranges.
- Designed as a true macro lens, this optic affords a life-size 1:1 maximum magnification ratio along with an 11.8″ minimum focusing distance to suit working with close-up subjects, and a Floating System is employed for consistent image quality and sharpness throughout the focusing range.
- eBAND (Extended Bandwidth & Angular-Dependency) and BBAR (Broad-Band Anti-Reflection) coatings have been applied to lens elements to reduce surface reflections and prevent lens flare and ghosting for increased contrast and color accuracy.
- VC (Vibration Compensation) image stabilization is incorporated into the lens’ design to minimize the appearance of camera shake by up to 3.5 stops for sharper handheld shooting in low-light conditions. An accelerometer has also been added to the VC system to compensate for shift-type camera shakes along the X/Y plane, and a gyro sensor is used to accurately detect and enable motion compensation throughout the focusing range.
- Ring-type USD (Ultrasonic Silent Drive) motor and an optimized USD actuator are employed for fast, precise, and quiet
autofocus performance that benefits both stills and video recording. This motor also enables full-time manual focus control without having to shift into a dedicated MF mode.
- An internal focusing mechanism is also used to maintain the overall lens length during use, along with a comfortable working distance of approximately 5.5″.
- A Focus Limiter Switch is used to constrain the lens’ focusing range for faster performance. A choice of 1.6′-infinity, 11.8″-1.6′, and 11.8″-infinity ranges are available.
- Moisture-resistant construction incorporates seals around the lens mount and other areas to benefit working in inclement conditions. Additionally, a fluorine coating has been applied to the front lens element to repel water, fingerprints, and smudges for easier cleaning of the lens surface.
- Rounded nine-blade diaphragm produces a pleasing out-of-focus quality when working with shallow depth of field techniques.
- Compatible with the optional TAP-in Console for updating the lens’ firmware as well as adjusting focus settings via the TAP-in Utility software.